Terms and Conditions
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions “we”, “The Club”, “us” and “our” refers to The Single Malt Whisky Club. The Single Malt Whisky Club is operated by Singlemalt.com.au Pty Ltd (ABN: 94 137 872 345). We operate under Victorian Liquor Licence Number : 36155641.
Your access this website including purchase of our products and services is provided subject to these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended.
All emails we send to our registered members are sent via specific email delivery software and all domains (singlemalt.com.au/mail.singlemalt.com.au) have all applicable anti-spam settings in the email systems and the Domain Name Settings (DNS) of the sending domains. It is your responsibility to ensure that the club’s email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) is whitelisted in your email software to ensure deliverability. The Single Malt Whisky Club does not accept responsibility for non-delivery of emails.
The Single Malt Whisky Club offers as its primary service, a subscription service to supply its registered members with a selected bottle of whisky every month (the Malt of the Month). We may also offer extra products either within the monthly release cycle or separately to our registered members.
Our Liquor Licence
Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 it is an offence to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $17,000). For a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor. (Penalty exceeds $700). To meet these obligation of our licence you cannot setup an account, order anything from us or have any products shipped to you if you are under 18.
Your Subscription to the Club
1. Member Registration
- To become a member of The Single Malt Whisky Club you must complete your registration by providing certain information as set out on Joining page.
- You agree to ensure that your membership details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your membership details from time to time when they change. It is your responsibility to update your address details. Failure to do this may result in purchases being sent to an incorrect address and we will not be liable for this.
- On registration, we provide you with a password and username. On registration, you agree to pay for our services as set out on our website. As a registered member of The Single Malt Whisky Club, you agree to receive email correspondence from us and action it within the specified timeframes as required.
- We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
- We do not charge your credit card on subscription but we do check that the card you supplied is valid.
- Maintaining an active credit card is a requirement of membership to The Single Malt Whisky Club. Your membership will be terminated should your card be invalid for more than 3 months.
- We do not store your payment information and have no access to it. The payment information that you enter is securely stored via the merchant you selected (Stripe or Paypal) and linked to your user profile on the site.
- On your successful registration you will receive a Welcome Email outlining all of the processes, dates and details of your club membership, with a link to these Terms and Conditions.
- You can terminate your membership at any time with no penalty or costs. You can terminate your membership by sending a request in writing to email@example.com
2. Your Subscription, and how it works
- The Single Malt Whisky Club operates an “opt-out” system for the Malt of the Month whisky. This means that you are automatically opted-in to purchase your subscription each month unless you decline the offer within the allotted timeframe.
- The Single Malt Whisky Club operates an “opt-in” system for any extra products we may offer. This means that you need to select these products to purchase them and they are not automatically added to your subscription.
- The Single Malt Whisky Club sends out the Malt of the Month Newsletter on the 14th of each month. This email contains the full details on the monthly whisky, pricing, any actions you may take, and we may also include additional products for you to purchase in addition to your monthly subscription.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the email address provided to us is correct in order for you to receive the Malt of the Month Newsletter. Please ensure that you update your email address in your My Account page if and when it changes.
- Registered members have four (4) days to action their preferences for the monthly subscription before the monthly orders are processed. Members can:
- SKIP THE MONTHS WHISKY: this skips or declines the entire month and resets your membership for the next monthly cycle. Members can only ‘skip’ one month into the future.
- ADD AN EXTRA BOTTLE: this allows members to add additional bottles of the Malt of the Month (subject to availability) to their monthly subscription order.
- ADD ADDITONAL PRODUCTS: this allows members to add any additional products offered for the month to their monthly subscription.
- Links are provided in the Malt of the Month Newsletter to complete these actions or you can simply login to your My Account page to complete these actions.
- Monthly subscriptions are finalised and processed on the 19th of the month. All actions to the monthly subscription must be completed prior to the 18th of the month. Once orders have processed no changes can be made to them.
- You agree that if you fail to indicate your desire NOT to purchase a given month’s whisky, your registered credit card will be debited and your whisky will be delivered to the address provided by you. (See Skipping and Refunds below).
3. Skipping and Refunds
- You can decline the Malt of the Month by clicking on the “MAKE CHANGES TO MY ORDER” link on the Malt of the Month Newsletter AND logging in to your My Account page to complete the skipping process.
- On selecting the ‘SKIP THS MONTHS WHISKY’ button on the My Account page you will receive a confirmation message and the ‘next billing date’ will change to the next month.
- It is your responsibility to action your choices for the monthly during the timeframe stated in the Malt of the Month Newsletter and these Terms and Conditions. There is no penalty for skipping the Malt of the Month.
- All actions for the monthly subscription reset at the start of each month. This means that you have action your choices each month by following the instructions in these Terms and Conditions or in the Malt of the Month Newsletter.
- We are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind, do not like the whisky or did not complete your preferences within the specified timeframe. You can choose a refund or exchange if an item has a major problem, is damaged or some other issue. You can also view our policy on shipping damage here.
4. Charging your card
- Unless otherwise stated and unless you have skipped within the correct timeframe, your card will always be charged on the 19th of the month. If your payment is authorised, members will receive a Tax Invoice and a summary of their monthly subscription order via email.
- We will re-attempt to charge declined cards daily for the next five working days. It is your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient funds on your card and to update your account with your new card details before your current card expires to avoid the possibility your monthly order not processing.
5. Stock Allocation
- At all times we attempt to forecast and order sufficient stock to meet projected member demand, however on those occasions where demand exceeds stock on hand, then available stock will be allocated strictly in the following order:
- Subscriptions in the order of longest-standing Members first
- Adding extra bottles on a first-come, first-served basis
- Members whose cards failed on the initial attempt.
- The Single Malt Whisky Club, our distributors, agents or logistics services ship orders to our customers and members according to our internal policies and agreed methods of packaging and delivery carriers.
- Shipping & handling costs are included in the charge to your credit card and are clearly displayed on each product.
- Should you not receive your order within a reasonable time please contact us so we can open an investigation with our carriers.
- If the product has not been delivered or has been shipped to an address other than the one registered or stipulated by you as your delivery address, we will ship a replacement order to you as soon as possible.
- Sometimes deliveries are returned to our warehouse because of a variety of issues with delivery. These will be shipped back out to you on the next available monthly shipping run.
- Should the product be damaged in transit we can arrange a replacement of the product. We reserve the right to request evidence of damage in transit.
6. Website Access and Copyright
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited license to access and use our information for personal use.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trademark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The license to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
- Whilst we take all due care in providing our services, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of use for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
10. Australian Consumer Law
The Single Malt Whisky Club sales, refund and warranty policies comply with the Australian Consumer Law provisions and we promise to uphold all parts of the Australian consumer Law at all times.